For most people, the holiday season means plenty of family time, which can bring laughter and closeness or tension and uneasiness—sometimes both in the span of just one visit. This is especially true if you’re spending the holidays with a significant other and meeting the parents for the first time.
There are certain times of the year when there is more of a focus on whether you’re in a relationship or not. If we can put aside the dreaded Valentine’s day for now, then Christmas has got to be top of the list.
An endless stream of romantic comedies fills the TV schedule, and all of them seem to end with a happily-ever-after-beginning kiss, timed perfectly with the arrival of much-loved snow.
Back in reality, a lot of us are watching the credits roll from our singly occupied bed, wondering why we still haven’t had that perfect movie finish.
Whether it’s a new relationship or you’ve been together for years, holiday shopping can be stressful. Unlike the big-ticket items that go under the tree, you can have a little more fun with less-expensive gifts for your beau’s stocking. In this gift guide, I’ve put together some of my favorite items for under $25. So as you hang your stockings by the chimney with care, here are 10 stocking stuffers for when love is in the air.
Baby it’s cold outside, which means it’s time for the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping!
Finding the right gifts can be quite tricky depending on what type of person you’re buying for, so I’ve broken down this year’s Holiday Gift Guide into a couple common categories, to give you a head start on gifts for: the techie, gamer, the long term lover, the DIY-er, the foodie, the cocktail enthusiast, the “we just started dating”, and the brainiac.
Between the mistletoe, sappy TV adverts, and Mariah Carey songs, it’s easy to fall under the Christmas romance spell.
Side effects of the Christmas romance spell include: wondering if Dave from the Accounts Departments is actually your one true love, or spending a lot of time at the ice rink waiting to fall into the arms of Prince/Princess charming!
**Spoiler alert: Dave probably isn’t your soul mate, but even if he is, tequila-drunk at the Christmas party isn’t the best time to explore this option.
Holidays are stressful for almost everyone. However, when you’re with a significant other, the holidays can bring up a lot of questions. New couples may wonder if they should buy a present and long-term couples may begin to feel the heat of more personalized presents (like a ring!).
The dating world is often a muddled mix of rules—both spoken and unspoken. But when gifts are concerned, the situation often turns into a tangled web of frustration, confusion…and sometimes disappointment. During the most festive and wonderful time of the year, those in the midst of a new (or more established) relationship might be stressed out and desperately seeking Santa!
Oh the weather outside is frightful…but shopping for Bae is worse. December is meant to be a joyous month filled with the three ‘F’s – feasting, festivities and fun! The last thing we want you to worry about, is tackling the dreadful shopping list tucked away in your jacket pocket.
To make it a December to remember for you and your Boo, I have put together this ultimate gift guide. The list below is meant to assist you in crossing off those last items on the list and perhaps inspire your very own winning gift idea!
Gift Guide For:
The Outdoors-man/Outdoors-woman – If your SO loves the great outdoors, you’re in complete gift-buying heaven. You have a broad scope of items; including, new camping equipment, outdoor wearables, and hiking books! And don’t forget stocking stuffers – a whistle, pocket knife and headlamp.
- 12 Piece Camp Cook Set – Meeting your ‘glamping’ needs
- The Ultimate Hikers Gear Guide, Second Edition – Discover your next hike!
- Couples Sleeping Bag – Make camping romantic…
The Music Snob – Record players, turntables and vinyls have made a HUGE comeback this year! Get lost in nostalgia with these gift ideas for every music junkie.
- Record player – Now very aesthetically pleasing to the eye!
- Vintage vinyl – Get your hands on The Beatles White Album
- Speakers – Boost up your sound quality with Bose
The Fitness King and Queen – The latest active wear technology is much appreciated by the hardcore gym-goers, early morning runners and spin cycle maniacs.
- Fitbit – Track all your results with this gadget
- The Hottest Splatter Reflective Gear – Night joggers, you’re welcome!
- New Nikes – Everyone needs a backup pair of Nikes
The Foodie – My personal favorite to buy for. Foodies will beam Christmas morning if they unwrap the latest Kitchen Aid Mixer attachment, Le Creuset Dutch Oven, or chef’s knife.
- Le Creuset anything – The finest of French Cookware
- 2016 most notable cookbooks – Every foodie has a crush on Anthony Bourdain, check out his latest cook book, Appetites
- Cooking lessons – You can find classes that specialize in all types of cuisine (Thai, Bread Making, Italian)
The Bookworm – Besides buying the latest New York Times Bestseller, take a peak at these modern inventions for every bookworm.
- Kindle Reader – No more running to the store to buy Grisham’s latest thriller
- Reading Blanket – To keep cozy in the reading nook
- Book Bath Caddie – For those who read everywhere, including the bath!
The Animal Lover – If your partner has been making those subtle hints about how he/she would absolutely love a fur baby, then you may need to take the plunge, grow your family, and adopt a kitten, or puppy or both!
- Adopt puppy or kitten – But seriously, just do it.
- Bling for Bowser – Because Bowser can never have too many outfits/collars/bow ties – The shortcut to any pet owners heart.
- Pet Picture Frame – A great addition to the home is framing those who live in it!
The Techy – For every gizmo loving tech geek, this will keep them excited for at least a month, before the next gadget is made available.
- Bag Tag Portable Charger – For the globetrotting Techy!
- Star Wars Death Star Waffle Maker – To accompany your Bo’s Star Wars egg cups of course
- Virtual Keyboards – Because VR is the coolest
The Movie Critic – Does your partner absolutely love going to the movies? Easy!
- Cineplex E-Gift Card – The gift that keeps on giving!
- Director’s Cuff Links – Outside the box gift idea for the aspiring Director
- At Home Movie Gift Basket – Pig out on junk food in the comforts of your own home!
The Person Who Seems To Have Everything – I understand your pain! This person is always the trickiest one to buy for, because when they want something, they tend to buy it themselves, leaving you racking your brain for inspo. Here’s an idea – give them something they would never think to buy themselves – an experience!
- Weekend Trip – Maybe its the next town over, a quick road trip or even a flight away.
- Couples Spa Day – There is nothing better than being pampered!
- Staycation – Book a local hotel for an overnight stay.