Wedding gifts usually come down to a few typical presents every couple either registers for or expects to get, and everyone is getting tired of it (yes, the couple included). If the couple getting married hasn’t registered and you have the opportunity to be creative in choosing the gift, here are some ideas that are definitely everything but boring!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you used up all your gift ideas for Christmas, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! While a cute card and flowers can go a long way, we want to give you some out-of-the-box ideas to consider. From inexpensive, sentimental gifts to pricier items to surprise your sweetie, here are 10 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for your significant other.
Whether it’s a new relationship or you’ve been together for years, holiday shopping can be stressful. Unlike the big-ticket items that go under the tree, you can have a little more fun with less-expensive gifts for your beau’s stocking. In this gift guide, I’ve put together some of my favorite items for under $25. So as you hang your stockings by the chimney with care, here are 10 stocking stuffers for when love is in the air.
Baby it’s cold outside, which means it’s time for the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping!
Finding the right gifts can be quite tricky depending on what type of person you’re buying for, so I’ve broken down this year’s Holiday Gift Guide into a couple common categories, to give you a head start on gifts for: the techie, gamer, the long term lover, the DIY-er, the foodie, the cocktail enthusiast, the “we just started dating”, and the brainiac.
Do people really still give gifts for Valentine’s Day? Apparently the answer is yes, and according to 55% of women, tacky jewelry, was the worst gift they’d ever received from their significant other. To avoid another year of necklaces that read “sexy b*tch” in rhinestones; PlentyOfFish has created the ultimate gift guide for you and yours, using survey data from over 20,000 single men and women from the site.
The Top Three Gift Ideas
The Activity Date – Survey says; 34% of single men and 30% of single women claimed the best gift they’d received from a significant other was a fun outing or activity they did together. Whether it be a sports game, dance lessons, or bungee jumping, plan your Valentine’s day around a fun activity you know your partner will love! For those of you in a long term relationship, take a trip down memory lane and recreate the very first date you and your partner shared.
Gift Ideas – Concert Tickets, Broadway Show, Sports Game, Salsa Lessons, Drive-in movie night
Romantic Weekend Away – Listen up gentlemen; 28% of women said the best gift they’d ever received was a romantic getaway. Plan a weekend away where the two of you can spend some quality time together. If this gift is a little out of your price range, book a one night stay-cation at a hotel in your own city and embrace your inner tourist.
Gift Ideas – Mountain/Lake Resort and Spa, Boutique hotel in your own city, Old fashion road trip
Cologne for Him – Every woman loves a man who smells amazing! Evidently men agree, with 24% of men claiming the best gift they received from a significant other was cologne. Head to your nearest department store, ladies, and pick out a winning scent for him.
Additional Gift Ideas For Her and Him
Turntable & Vintage Vinyls – Whether it’s The Best Of Sinatra, The Bee Gees Live, or Daft Punk’s latest collab, there’s a vinyl that will make any music lover swoon! Turntables made an epic come back over the last couple of years; consider buying your SO their very own. Audio-Technica produces a fantastic product that won’t break the bank.
Craft Brews – No one really understands craft beer more than the millennial generation; because, god forbid they’re caught drinking name brand. Grab a growler of your friend’s absolute favorite craft brew and make a night of it. For those of you looking for a double date idea; hop into your local brewery and ask for a tour.
Cookware from Le Creuset – Romantic dinner for two anyone? Le Creuset is the finest French Cookware and a perfect gift for the ultimate foodie! Take a page out of Julia Child’s cookbook and remember, “The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who’s close to you is about as nice a valentine as you can give.” – Julia Child
Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones – Nothing screams romance more than Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones! In all seriousness, if your friend or partner is a techy, you have just made their days of coding a whole lot easier.
Frank & Oak Carry On Cocktail Set – If your partner is a Globetrotter – this Frank & Oak cocktail set will have them buzzing from take-off to landing!
Spa Night at Home – Transform your home into your very own spa; set the mood with relaxing music, cucumber infused cocktails, aromatherapy bath and massage essentials! Wrap each other in housecoats and cheers with a nightcap.
Do you have a stellar gift idea you want to share with us?! Comment below!
♥ Happy Valentine’s Day ♥
Oh the weather outside is frightful…but shopping for Bae is worse. December is meant to be a joyous month filled with the three ‘F’s – feasting, festivities and fun! The last thing we want you to worry about, is tackling the dreadful shopping list tucked away in your jacket pocket.
To make it a December to remember for you and your Boo, I have put together this ultimate gift guide. The list below is meant to assist you in crossing off those last items on the list and perhaps inspire your very own winning gift idea!
Gift Guide For:
The Outdoors-man/Outdoors-woman – If your SO loves the great outdoors, you’re in complete gift-buying heaven. You have a broad scope of items; including, new camping equipment, outdoor wearables, and hiking books! And don’t forget stocking stuffers – a whistle, pocket knife and headlamp.
- 12 Piece Camp Cook Set – Meeting your ‘glamping’ needs
- The Ultimate Hikers Gear Guide, Second Edition – Discover your next hike!
- Couples Sleeping Bag – Make camping romantic…
The Music Snob – Record players, turntables and vinyls have made a HUGE comeback this year! Get lost in nostalgia with these gift ideas for every music junkie.
- Record player – Now very aesthetically pleasing to the eye!
- Vintage vinyl – Get your hands on The Beatles White Album
- Speakers – Boost up your sound quality with Bose
The Fitness King and Queen – The latest active wear technology is much appreciated by the hardcore gym-goers, early morning runners and spin cycle maniacs.
- Fitbit – Track all your results with this gadget
- The Hottest Splatter Reflective Gear – Night joggers, you’re welcome!
- New Nikes – Everyone needs a backup pair of Nikes
The Foodie – My personal favorite to buy for. Foodies will beam Christmas morning if they unwrap the latest Kitchen Aid Mixer attachment, Le Creuset Dutch Oven, or chef’s knife.
- Le Creuset anything – The finest of French Cookware
- 2016 most notable cookbooks – Every foodie has a crush on Anthony Bourdain, check out his latest cook book, Appetites
- Cooking lessons – You can find classes that specialize in all types of cuisine (Thai, Bread Making, Italian)
The Bookworm – Besides buying the latest New York Times Bestseller, take a peak at these modern inventions for every bookworm.
- Kindle Reader – No more running to the store to buy Grisham’s latest thriller
- Reading Blanket – To keep cozy in the reading nook
- Book Bath Caddie – For those who read everywhere, including the bath!
The Animal Lover – If your partner has been making those subtle hints about how he/she would absolutely love a fur baby, then you may need to take the plunge, grow your family, and adopt a kitten, or puppy or both!
- Adopt puppy or kitten – But seriously, just do it.
- Bling for Bowser – Because Bowser can never have too many outfits/collars/bow ties – The shortcut to any pet owners heart.
- Pet Picture Frame – A great addition to the home is framing those who live in it!
The Techy – For every gizmo loving tech geek, this will keep them excited for at least a month, before the next gadget is made available.
- Bag Tag Portable Charger – For the globetrotting Techy!
- Star Wars Death Star Waffle Maker – To accompany your Bo’s Star Wars egg cups of course
- Virtual Keyboards – Because VR is the coolest
The Movie Critic – Does your partner absolutely love going to the movies? Easy!
- Cineplex E-Gift Card – The gift that keeps on giving!
- Director’s Cuff Links – Outside the box gift idea for the aspiring Director
- At Home Movie Gift Basket – Pig out on junk food in the comforts of your own home!
The Person Who Seems To Have Everything – I understand your pain! This person is always the trickiest one to buy for, because when they want something, they tend to buy it themselves, leaving you racking your brain for inspo. Here’s an idea – give them something they would never think to buy themselves – an experience!
- Weekend Trip – Maybe its the next town over, a quick road trip or even a flight away.
- Couples Spa Day – There is nothing better than being pampered!
- Staycation – Book a local hotel for an overnight stay.