What is “Cuffing Season”? The time of year when the seasons change and the months get cooler (Oct-Dec), resulting in more singles looking to cozy up with someone. In light of cuffing season, I’ve put together a list of the best Fall date ideas for all the date planners out there. To make your life a little easier, check out my top picks!
- Oktoberfest: This month is filled with events almost nightly devoted to the annual Bavarian tradition of Oktoberfest. Find a local brewery or restaurant, in your area, that’s celebrating this famous tradition and enjoy a boot of beer, pretzels and Bratwurst.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes: The never-ending pumpkin spice craze is back this year in full force. For the die hard fans, you can even pick up your very own pumpkin spice Gouda. Pumpkin spice may even get you more dates, according to Plenty of Fish singles data. Women who mentioned “pumpkin spice” in their Plenty of Fish dating profile, were 8 percent more likely to get replies online.
- Murder Mystery: I LOVE a good mystery and the spooky month of October, is the perfect time to throw your very own murder mystery party! Invite a group of friends and your date over to solve the crime you’ve been assigned. If you want to up the level of difficulty, I highly recommend Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective board game.
- Charcuterie for two: Going for charcuterie with a date is the perfect inbetween of drinks and dinner. It’s truly the best of both worlds. If you’re not ready to have a sit-down dinner with your date, grab a happy hour with a really good meat and cheese selection.
- Haunted House: If a murder mystery night is too tame for you, try booking a tour for two at a haunted house or corn maze. Get spooked together as you navigate your way through ghosts and goblins. If the attraction is big enough, they may have concession where you and your date can enjoy a candy apple as you calm your nerves together.
- Escape Room: An interactive date for those who love solving puzzles under pressure. Usually there are different themes you can choose from – doctors quarters, butcher shop, circus illusions etc. Escape rooms are a great activity to work together and find out how each of you solve problems.
- Game Time: With sports season ramping up, now is the perfect time to figure out if your date has a favorite team. Going for casual beers to watch the game may be the perfect idea.
- Market Made: With Fall comes delicious produce – squash, pumpkins, apples oh my! Head to your local farmer’s market and pick up ingredients for dinner and dessert. In my opinion, food is one of the best topics of conversation and making a meal together can be really satisfying.
- Get Crafty: With Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, craft fairs start to pop up in October, which means you and your date can enjoy a stroll through artisan shops, and stalls admiring the local work. Get a head start on you Xmas shopping.
- Pumpkin Patch & Hayrides: Going to the pumpkin patch may bring back some heartwarming nostalgia for you both. Pick out your perfect pumpkin, enjoy a hayride and mulled wine and carve out your favorite pumpkin stencils.
- Bake Off: Nothing screams the holidays more than PIE! This idea was inspired by one of the best shows on tv, The Great British Bake Off. Invite your date and a few friends over and pick a different type of pie to bake and see who makes the best. If pie isn’t your thing, you can substitute anything you’d like – a cocktail competition, cookies, cake.
- Scary Movie Day: And I say “day” because watching a scary movie at night, then trying to sleep, is almost impossible. I also think day dates are underrated and should have a come back. There is nothing better than hanging out in your pj’s all day Saturday with your boo, binge watching the classics like Scream, Halloween, and Hocus Pocus.
- Candle Making: Spice up your feng shui by adding candles to your home decor. You can actually now buy candle making kits right from Amazon. You and your partner can pick out your favorite seasonal scents and make candles for the upcoming holidays. These candlesticks will make a great gift for the family as well.
- Walk & Talk: The leaves are changing colours which makes for beautiful walks through the park. Grab a coffee with your date and take a stroll through your local park, taking in the sights and sounds of Fall.
- Brew Tours: This time of year craft breweries are coming out with new flavours for the fall and winter months. Oftentimes, they will have live music and food trucks posting up to serve hearty warm burgers and bites. Truly the perfect way to spend your weekend.
There is plenty to do with your partner in the cooler months, so I highly recommend you bundle up and take advantage of sights and attractions around you!