No date lined up for Vday this year? No problem! Seeing as we’re all still stuck in the grasps of lockdown yet again, why not make Valentine’s Day 2021 all about you and #BeYourOwnValentine this year.
- Cut your screen time in half: Have you ever caught yourself scrolling through Instagram while watching Netflix and texting your group chat all at the same time? Try taking a break and press pause on at least one of the above! Swap a screen for a book or activity that genuinely makes you happy, whether it’s an art project, or a cheesy romantic novel.
- Cook or take-away your favorite meal: Maybe it’s a comfort food like Mac N Cheese or a fancy steak dinner for one, indulge in a specialty meal that you wouldn’t normally cook yourself. Our most recent Plenty of Fish survey data reveals that 24% of singles will be cooking their favorite meal this Vday and 44% will be indulging in sweet treats.*
- Reconnect with family and friends: Ring up a friend you haven’t been able to see lately and enjoy a quick catch up session or maybe plan a socially distanced walk with a family member. Hearing your friend’s voice or seeing a familiar face may be just what you need.
- Get outside and go for a walk in nature: One of the many coping techniques to beat lockdown fatigue! Fresh air can clear the mind and feel good on the body. The change in scenery can have a really positive impact on your mental wellbeing as well. We all know what cabin fever feels like at this point!
- Set up an at-home spa night: Grab your favorite gossip mag, pour yourself a drink and enjoy a warm and relaxing bubble bath with your favorite self-care products. The beauty of being your own Valentine is you have no place to be and no one to impress. If you want to stay in your robe all day, you do you!
- Switch up your daily routine: Are you waking up at the same time every day and going through the motions but lacking the emotions that come with it? If every day is starting to feel like groundhog day to you, we suggest swapping out the regular for something entirely different to keep things fresh. Turn off your 7 AM alarm and try sleeping in this Sunday and read a good book until noon.
- Do what you want to do, and go easy on yourself: If there is one thing to remember, this day is all about you, so if you choose to do nothing, that’s perfectly fine, in fact, that’s great! Self-love is all about listening to your gut and doing what makes you feel good.
*The research was carried out via 3Gem between Tuesday 2nd and Thursday 4th February 2021 in the UK.