It’s spring, the season of new beginnings, and there is no greater new beginning than a potential new relationship. You have an upcoming POF date, and when you’re looking for a relationship, standing out from the other fish is crucial. Dating multiple women is often a means to an end for a man: he’s looking for that special someone; someone who is incomparable from the rest. As a single young woman working for PlentyOfFish, I have a great deal of experience in both dating and online dating. There’s a ton of advice for women on how to interact with men on our site, but not enough advice on how to stand out when it’s actually time to meet up. There are plenty of fish in the sea – the proof is undeniable as soon as you login to your PlentyOfFish account, where you can view vast numbers of singles in your area. Here are 10 great tips to follow if you want to stand out:
- Intelligent Conversation: Reveal your intellectual side. Show off your intelligence! You want to prove that you’re the whole package, and that includes having a wonderful brain – so don’t be shy! If a guy can have an intellectual conversation with you, you’re a keeper.
- Flaunt your fun and edgy side: Speaking of being the whole package, guys love a woman with a sense of humour, and they value that having fun just comes naturally with you! Dating is something that takes place during one’s free time, and nobody wants to spend their free time with a Boring Betty.
- Don’t just talk about you, you, and more you. Balance is key: it’s important to ask questions and not just talk about yourself during the entire date. Make sure the conversation is just as much about him as it is about you, otherwise you could come across as overly self-involved.
- Highlight your Interests: While you have the conversation focusing on you, talk about your interests. Maybe you enjoy reading, hiking, cooking, or spending time with your family. As soon as he realizes you’re well-rounded and dynamic, he’ll appreciate how great of a catch you really are. It’s attractive when a woman has a busy life of her own; it diminishes the fear that you might be the clingy type.
- Don’t be high maintenance: Offer to pay sometimes. It doesn’t have to be every time, but you want to subtly show that you’re his equal. You can also deliberately choose a cheap and casual date idea to demonstrate that you’re down-to-earth. Don’t get dolled up every time – if this evening’s date is just a stroll around the park, dress down and you will be viewed as the girl-next-door, which is never a bad thing.
- Play it cool: Nobody likes a keener. If you show too much interest, you can risk him losing his. If you’re busy, not always available, and not attempting to talk to him every day, you’ll reap the rewards. Less is more.
- Be a challenge: This goes hand in hand with #6. Often, men don’t want something that’s too easy to attain, or women who are excessively complaisant. Keep him guessing!
- Avoid Over-Sharing: He doesn’t need to know that your last boyfriend cheated on you, or that you’re not sure if you can ever trust again. There is such a thing as too much information, especially when it’s too much too soon. Mysterious women are sexy, keep that in mind.
- Come up with a fun and unique next date idea: Perhaps dinner or a coffee is a great first date, as it allows a lot of conversation which is essential in getting to know someone. If you scored a second date, suggest something fun and interesting like a comedy show, or a picnic.
- Take care of your man: It may sound cliché, but cook him dinner, treat him to a sports game, give him a ride to the airport, or bring a nice bottle of wine over. Do this and you are guaranteed to stand out.
Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this article plus the
rest of the site is really good.
There’s still those annoying women on POF who’ll masgese me in the first instance. I reply. They reply. But after two masgeses they move onto someone else and ignore me. That is so irritating. It’s like they write first, they’re not giving enough time to get to know someone before they move onto someone else. Half the time it’s not worth replying to that initial masgese because I know where it’s gonna lead. DOWN the plughole. I expect a lot of guys will know what I mean. Soooooooooo annoying.
What’s up friends, pleasant post and good arguments commented at this place, I am really enjoying by these.
Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was searching for!
Very good blog article. Want more.