In September of 2009 Brandon and Chanel met on Plentyoffish. They quickly fell in love and 2 years later were engaged. As they started planning their wedding, they started thinking about how they could make their day unique while still sticking to a budget. As an ode to where they first met, they decided to incorporate PlentyOfFish into their big day. Here are Chanel and Brandon’s top 10 tips to PlentyOfFish-ify your wedding day on a budget:
1. Add embellishments to customize your look. Adding embellishments to your shoes, veil, fascinator, even bridesmaid dresses is an affordable way to add some sparkle and customize your pieces while keeping the budget in check. Chanel took a pair of sparkly blue heels and added even more sparkle by covering the area of the entire heel with silver sequins. Chanel also added creative embellishments to her and her bridesmaids’ fascinators, and the groomsmen’s boutonnieres and all of the corsages.
2. Get to know your paint brush and scissors. Incorporating the Plentyoffish theme into your invitations and Save the Dates is a great way to introduce the theme to your guests early on. When your guests know the theme before your wedding day, they’ll notice your incorporation much more easily. Chanel and Brandon spent countless hours after work and on the weekends hand-painting their own invitations and hand cutting their delicate fish shaped place cards.
3. Consider an uncomventional centerpiece. Centerpieces are what your guests will spend the most time looking at but can also be very expensive if you choose to incorporate flowers. What better way to grab their attention than to catch their eye with a live, moving, beautiful creature. This is also a very affordable way to integrate your theme and keep the kids at the wedding entertained during dinner.
4. Use your cake topper and wedding favors to show off your theme. Another highly visible piece of decor at your wedding is the cake. If you’re going to splurge on anything throughout your wedding in order to incorporate your theme, your cake topper is the place to do it. It is an opportunity to add detail, creativity while integrating the bride and groom and how they met.
5. Browse sites for inspiration. When you first start planning your wedding, it’s difficult to know where to start – how far should you take the theme? What are some affordable ways to incorporate the theme? How do we make incorporate the theme in a seamless and tasteful way? Browsing sites likes Pinterest, Etsy and the Knot will give you creative ideas for ways you can incorporate the plenty of fish theme (without going overboard) into your own wedding. Check these out for some needed inspiration: Plentyoffish Wedding ideas on Etsy, Plentyoffish Wedding ideas on Pinterest