Mustering up the energy to propel yourself out of bed in the dead of winter can be a tall order. Add DATE NIGHT into the equation, and your first instinct may be to close the blinds, wrap yourself up in the warm embrace of a duvet, and retreat under the covers until spring thaw. Sometimes you have to fake it to make it, so to counteract the general feeling of UGH this season, I’ve collected some foolproof winter date looks that will make your special someone forget what month it is.
1. Coat or Jacket: Equal parts warmth and style. There are so many jackets out there that look the part, but aren’t lined at all, so don’ t do that. I’m sure your date wouldn’t mind lending you some layers if you’re chilly, but really? Just wear a great jacket or invest in one because they last for years. Leather is surprisingly toasty, so try THIS affordable option. If you’re looking for something a little more dressy, try THIS, or THIS. Prefer fur? Try THIS.
2. Footwear: Stilettos make you a liability in the winter. They’re hard enough to walk in as it is, without factoring in icy streets and frigid temperatures. That said, you shouldn’t have to resort to snow boots, and you can’t be contemplating Uggs, so slip on a bootie! They are warm, can be paired with just about anything in your wardrobe, and some of them even have pretty decent treads. You can find a great pair HERE. if you are looking for something a little more casual and colorful, try THIS lace-up boot.
3. Pants: Black skinny jeans are the gold standard for date wear because they are comfortable, super durable, and will make your legs look a mile long. Tights will be running all over the place by the end of the night, and it’s too cold to comprehend busting out a skirt or a dress in this weather, so trust me on this. You can pick up a pair of these affordable pants HERE.
4. Tops: I love THIS shirt because it’s sort of demure looking at first, but turns out to be a total party in the back! Try to stay away from huge knit sweaters, hoodies that are too casual, and any fabrics that are itchy. If you are looking for more color, consider THIS.
5. Gloves: You may be wandering around town enjoying eachother’s company, but nothing is worse than losing feeling in your extremities. I never suggest spending much money on gloves because I have a bad habit of losing ONE, but if you are looking for a dressier look, try THESE. If you are looking for a cheap pair to do the trick, try THESE. Ball them up and store in your purse when they’re not being worn.
6. Chunky Jewelry: Wintertime is the best season to incorporate bold statement jewelry into your collection. With all of the layers, textures and deep colors happening, a piece like this great necklace can really complete an outfit without giving the impression that you’re trying too hard. Check out THIS necklace.
AND ONE MORE THING: On all winter dates, you must bring a lip balm. THIS is the best of all time.