I feel like a whistle blower. Like I’m potentially turning my back on the male gender and outing some of us for our sneaky ways. Of course this would be true if it wasn’t for the fact that males are probably the simplest gender to understand. So consider this a ‘how-to’ guide to decode our initial dating game. Over analysis not required.
A man’s intentions come in two forms: I want to have sex with you OR I want to have sex with you AND date you. We always want to have sex with you. Many times. In many positions. In many locations. Especially in the morning. So that’s a given.
Determining if we want to date you isn’t always easy, but here are a few key points to consider when analyzing a prospect’s intentions:
1. Decipher our profiles: As a woman in the online dating world know that this is the quickest way for you to cut through the crap. Take the time to read my profile. On a site like POF, where everything is free, the fact that I have made the effort to write about myself to give you a glimpse into my character is worth a lot. Did I sound authentic? Can I spell and use good grammar? No? Move on.
2. Do we have lots of shirtless selfies? If I don’t have enough friends to take my picture you should run… fast. Away from me.
3. Our initial email to you matters: Did I put an effort into my message? Is it composed of something along the lines of, “Hey boo, what’s up?”, not creative, funny, and unique to you? Pass.
4. Look at the people who surround us: It’s no secret that the 5 closest people in a person’s life will be a direct reflection of them. Take a hard look at the people I surround myself with. Players and douchebags? Other male sluts? Intelligent suitors? Great men hang out in groups, and so do losers. Jersey shore what?
5. Our words vs. Our Behaviour: Whenever these two things don’t match…always pick my behaviour. i.e.: I say I want to grab coffee and keep flaking… I don’t want to.
6. Limit our options: Make us wait for sex. I cannot stress the value of this enough. Don’t get me wrong… great relationships can still happen when couples have sex early on, but if you make me wait for
the booty, my true intentions will become clear very quickly. If my intentions are solely sexual, I will start to flake on plans, be less responsive through text, and all those feelings you had in your gut will be
No matter the gender, the most important of the intentions are the ones we hold in our own hearts. Finally, and most importantly, I present to you the ultimate insight… i.e. #7. If you nail this one and know your own worth, you can skip the first six.
7. Are his intentions a mirror of yours? Ask yourself, “What do you actually want?” It is no secret that you attract what you are. I don’t mean in the “manifestation” or “The Secret” sort of way, but truthfully, if you want a guy who intends to love your heart, you can’t go randomly banging everything around you, because then that is exactly the type of guy you will get. A perfect reflection of you. Be the one you want.
Tweet Mark @createthelove
At least the first four of these are not “how to determine a man’s intentions,” they are “how to skip guys likely to be losers.” Which is useful but doesn’t have anything to do with the title of the article.
Well one could argue that the quickest way to pass over men who have intentions of just bedding a woman is to pass over the people you’ll flag from the first four. It’s to “Quickly” assess someone’s intentions. The one’s who are trying to hook up the skins on POF generally don’t put a lot of effort into their profile or their messages. Plus, I think these types usually hang out in groups… both female and male.
I thought I would give POF a chance and see if it worked. I have been disapointed with the amount of trolls here that claim to be 20 or 25 years younger than thier actual ages. It seems that when I find someone somewhat attractive I get a message saying that user doesn’t accept messages from my sort, and I take that to mean they are bot’s placed by POF. You got a few bucks from me but it will be the last, and I will be more than happy to share my thoughts and opinions in all of my blogs and forums. I do understand that this isn’t supposed to be here but it was the only way I could voice my opinion Ken W
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?
Thanks Mark. Very informative and helpful!