Creating your online dating username is not something you should do hastily. Your username is essentially your online personal brand! If you consider your online dating profile to be your personal advertising tool in the dating world, your username is your brand’s mission statement. Creating your username is actually the second most important step to finding and attracting your ideal partner online. The first step if you didn’t already know, is to have an attractive online dating profile photo to catch attention in the first place. Without a great photo the chances are your username won’t even matter.
Men are quite visual and they’re instantly attracted to women based on what they finds physically attractive. After interviewing over 60,000 single men and women over the years there’s a few common things I can say men really find attractive in women. Men like and notice confidence, attractiveness, independence and acknowledgement from women. Knowing this about men should give you some insight into what matters to guys and how you can appeal to his wants and desires.
1. The first step before trying to create your username is to brainstorm everything there is to know about your descriptive CHARACTER TRAITS which could easily describe who you are:
2. The second step is to create a list of your favorite activities, places or foods. These are all nouns you can list which you could also be easily identified with:
• Chinese food
3. The third step is to start pairing these words together to create some really fun, interesting and descriptive puns that really describe what’s really important to you and what you’re all about. Clever use of word play indicates a creativity and playfulness about you, which he will find irresistible!
Be sure you keep your list of words separate so you can play around with pairing them together in the final process. You want to be really careful to avoid words which are negative, overtly sexual or could be found offensive to some guys. Examples of these are:
Examples of poor username combinations are:
• Single4Ever – Indicates the person has no hope.
• LonelyandWaiting – Sounds a little desperate.
• NoOneOutThere – Glass half empty.
• PickMeForOnce – No one likes the one nobody else wants.
• Gr8tInBed – Must be compensating for something.
• GoneInaFlash – Why bother?
Examples of fun usernames are:
• SensibleShopper – Here’s a woman who can balance a check book.
• AdventurousAsian – Someone who can keep me on my toes and we share similar culture.
• TrailBlazingEnglishman – Another cultural hint with an exciting person.
• JoyfulKiwi – Now she sounds fun!
• PersonablePaddler – So you’re creating curiosity with the word “paddler” and who doesn’t want to meet a personable type?
So there you have 3 easy steps to create your online dating username. It’s a really great idea to test various usernames to see which name really attracts the type of guy you’re looking to meet. A carefully created username will quite literally give you an edge over the online competition when coupled with an attractive profile photo. The effort you make to create that winning combination could mean the difference to finding, meeting and keeping your online dating dream man.
I’d love for you to share some of your most memorable and unforgettable usernames you’ve come across online.