This is one of the most common questions we are asked in the thousands of emails our customer service team receives daily. The simple answer is that you broke one of the rules of the site. With 88 million users worldwide and a lean team of 75 employees, it’s imperative that we establish and enforce a number of rules to ensure the site remains safe, free, and committed to helping our users find a genuine connection. On PlentyOfFish, 95% of our users are looking to date or find a relationship, and they comply with the rules of the site. These are the users to whom we cater our time and resources. Unfortunately, the other 5% who don’t follow the rules are immediately banned from the site. We’d ideally like to respond to every email and explain to each user why they were deleted, but with a small team, this just isn’t possible. Our focus will always be on those who are using the site as it was intended; to find a date and/or relationship.
If you were deleted from the site and don’t know why, here are some of the reasons this may have happened:
1. You are looking for casual sex. Once upon a time we allowed singles who were looking for ‘intimate encounters’ to sign up and use the site. Over a year ago, we updated our rules and removed this small group of users from the site. We have not allowed them back since. Our ultimate goal is to help singles find dates and relationships, and those looking for casual sex hinder our ability to do this. If you’re clearly just looking for one thing (and we have our ways of determining this), you’ll be deleted from the site.
2. You are married (and not separated). If we haven’t said it enough just yet, PlentyOfFish is for people who are looking to date and find a relationship. If you’re married, you are already committed to someone else. If we determine that you indeed have a spouse, you’ll be deleted immediately. May we recommend another site that’s much more suitable for you.
3. You are a scammer, a spammer, a fake, underage, or are soliciting a business. The PlentyOfFish is renowned in its industry for its sophisticated scam detection system. This system intercepts almost 98% of the potential users listed above, before they are even able to sign up. These are two of the 2% who got away…
4. You are rude to other users. If you’re rude or send inappropriate messages to other users, this will likely result in getting blocked by these users. If you are being blocked too frequently, you will be deleted. Furthermore, PlentyOfFish has zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination related race, sex, disability, sexual orientation etc.
5. You post inappropriate photos. Nude and inappropriate photos are not permitted on the site. See #1. PlentyOfFish has access to advanced software as well as an active user base who help flag these inappropriate photos. When we find them (and we will, even if they are hidden), your profile will be deleted.
6. You login from a country where PlentyOfFish doesn’t exist yet. PlentyOfFish is always expanding into new markets, but if you do login from a country where we don’t yet have a presence, your account may be flagged and deleted.
If none of the above apply to you, it is possible that you may have deleted mistakenly (although this is rare).
PlentyOfFish is constantly working to improve the site to ensure our users have a positive experience. Maintaining the site as a place where relationships are created and users are safe will always be our highest priority. Anyone who negatively impacts users around them and the intention of the site, will not be welcomed back.