It’s not always easy to know if the person you’re currently dating is in fact, “The One.” If you’re not entirely sure your SO is in it for the long haul, go through these 7 signs of commitment that will leave you certain they are.
- You Want to Spend All the Free Time You Can With Each Other: Of course you’ll want to have your alone time and schedule dates with your friends and family, but if you’ve been together for a while now and still value your time together as a couple, that’s a pretty great sign.
- Taking Trips Together: Travelling as a couple means that both of you want to make lasting memories together to think back on in the years to come. Travelling with your significant other can be a big step in any relationship and you will most likely face challenges in a different environment. If you both actively work through anything that comes up on a trip together, then odds are you know how to effectively communicate with one another.
- Going Out of Your Way for Each Other: If you find yourself going the extra mile to make your partner happy, it’s a sign your spark is still lit and you haven’t become complacent in your relationship.
- Purchases Becoming ‘Ours’: Combining finances or making larger purchases together such as a car or home require a level of commitment from both of you that is evidence you’re ready for a future together.
- Exchanging Keys: If you don’t live together just yet and decide to give each other access to your home by swapping keys, this is a huge sign of trust that may lead to a greater step in your relationship – moving in together.
- You’ve Seen Each Other at Your Worst: In the beginning of any new relationship, everyone is usually on their best behaviour. Overtime when you’re getting to know someone better, their true self is exposed through various situations life throws your way. A partner who has seen all sides to you and loves you for who you are, hold onto them.
- Planning Your Futures Together: Nothing says commitment like thinking about your future with one another. If you and your partner have a 5 year plan that factors one another into it and you’re working together to support and accomplish each others goals, you are definitely in a healthy and committed relationship.
If you notice these points to be true of your current relationship, it might be time to start thinking of that engagement ring to keep your partner in your life forever!