If you are using a dating app, you obviously want to get noticed by the right people. The first thing anyone is going to notice about you is your profile photo, so you want to make sure that yours is one that is going to actually get noticed, and by the people who you really want to notice it. Creating a great dating profile photo involves a lot more than simply snapping a quick photo on your phone and posting it, or recycling an older photo. You need something that is new and that gives the best first impression. With that in mind, here are seven tips for creating an awesome online dating profile photo.
- Flash a Smile – You are trying to attract someone, and you aren’t going to do that if you are looking serious in your profile photo. Flash those pearly whites, and show a bit of your flirtatious side. People are going to be more attracted to you when you look happy. Don’t use your professional profile photo, as this is just too serious when you are trying to attract a new love interest.
- Use Color – Black and white photos look cool, but when you are trying to attract someone, it is best to use full color in your profile photos. If you love to wear bright colors, this is your time to shine, and show off your personality in your photo. Make the colors pop, and your profile photo is really going to stand out and get noticed. If you prefer neutral colors, make sure that you choose a colorful background.
- Upgrade Your iPhone – You are likely using your iPhone to take your profile photo. If you have an older phone, it may not have the greatest camera, so it may be time to upgrade to a new iPhone. Sell iPhone, and upgrade to a newer model that has a better camera with more features so you can create a really great profile photo that is going to get noticed.
- Show Your Personality – Don’t just give them a head and shoulders photo. Use a photo that shows them who you really are. For instance, if you are a musician, use a photo that shows you playing an instrument. If you play a sport, use a photo with you in action. Remember, you can have more than one photo on your profile, so use a variety to show the many facets of your personality.
- Focus on You – Some people use profile photos that focus on something other than themselves. We are not sure why anyone would want to do this, seeing as how they are trying to attract a new romantic partner. Make sure that your profile photo focuses on you, and that there aren’t a lot of other things in the photo to distract potential dates from what they should be focused on, you.
- Use Various Shots – A potential love interest is going to want to see more than just your face. Your profile should include a variety of photos, including medium and full-body shots. That way, they get to see all of you, and there are not going to be any surprises when they meet you in person for the first time.
- Don’t Use Group Shots – You are supposed to be the main focus in your profile photos, so why would you want to use a shot that has other people in it? Don’t use group photos, and don’t use a photo that you have simply Photoshopped other people out of. Take a new photo of yourself without anyone else in the shot.