Sometimes it can be tricky to tell how a first date is going – is she having fun? is she just being polite, or does she genuinely like me? There are a couple subtle signs you can look out for that indicate your date is definitely interested in you!
Here’s how you can tell.
- After your first date, she sends you a follow up text the same night. Now I am using my personal experience to weigh in on this one! Whenever I genuinely had a great time on a date, I would always send the guy a simple but sweet follow up text to thank him for the great night! If you’re receiving a follow up text right after the date, take that as a sign she most likely would love to see you again.
- She’s being complimentary toward you during the date. Not just once but twice or more, your date gives you genuine compliments like “I love that you’re so ambitious” or “you look really great tonight, and I’m happy we decided to meet up.”
- She hints at making plans to do something in the future. Maybe there is an upcoming concert or a movie that’s coming out that your date subtly asks if you’re interested in. This could be a simple way of dropping a hint that they’d be interested in seeing you again, perhaps over dinner and a show!
- Texting between you and her is very frequent and flowing. You’re naturally having great conversation via text after your date. No lulls in conversation and lots of curious questions to get to know you even better. It’s almost as though the first date wasn’t long enough. If this is happening, it’s a great time to follow up and ask about a second date to continue the conversation.
- She follows/friends you on social. There’s no way I’m going to follow or friend someone on social media, if I’m not at least a little bit interested in them. If she starts to comment or like photos on your feed, these are just subtle signs, she may be quite interested in you.
- When you say you’d like to see her again she enthusiastically reacts. A lot of people have a hard time rejecting someone face-to-face for the fear of making someone feel bad. I’ve seen this happen before – when a guy has asked about a second date at the end of a first date, and they’re met with answers like “we’ll see…maybe send me a text” or “[pause] I’m pretty busy right now at work so not sure when we could do a second date yet.” These answers are coming from someone who is trying to put off planning a second date because they’re most likely not interested and are letting you down easy. If however, they react with an enthusiastic response like “I’d really like that!” it means they’re on the same page and would love to see you again.
If you’re still curious if someone is interested in you based on their behaviour, let us know and we will do our best to help you out! Comment below!