The date is scheduled for this weekend at your favorite taqueria in the city. You’ve been through the first date questionnaire before – the monotonous “where are you from?,” “what do you do for work?,” and “what are your hobbies?” time and time again. All these questions give you a surface level understanding of someone, but they are all pretty basic. How are you supposed to identify what really makes one person stand out over another?
I’m here to help and inspire you to ask better questions on your next date. Questions that will actually give you a lot more information about someone. These go beyond the basics and dive into some really fun hypothetical questions that can be used on a first date and beyond.
The Top Ten First Date Questions To Really Get To Know Someone:
- If you could go back in time to another era, what era would you choose and why?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to grow up to be? Have you stuck to that same path or taken a completely different direction?
- Name four guests you’d love to invite to dinner and why? They can be alive or dead.
- If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what meal would you choose and why?
- Whom are you closest with in your life and why?
- If there was a zombie apocalypse, and everyone had to live in a space station, what would be the one item you’d choose to bring with you from Earth?
- If you could invent one thing to make the world a better place, what would it be?
- If you could live the life of someone else for a single day, who would it be and why?
- If you could travel tomorrow to any destination in the world, where would you travel to and why?
- If you were to see your favorite celebrity walking down the street, what would your typical reaction be?
And a couple bonus questions for good measure:
11. Are you a coffee or tea drinker and why?
12. If you had the option to sleep in or start your Saturday morning with a nature hike, which would you choose and why?
If you haven’t noticed, all these questions give you lots of conversation topics to riff on, rather than one word answers. Putting you and your date in interesting scenarios helps you two better understand your behaviours and reactions. Asking the same common questions over and over again can make all your dates seem boring when in reality these people have a lot to offer, you just might not be asking the right questions.
Feel free to share you best conversation starters below in our comment section!