We’re on a mission to bring the fun back to online dating
ICYMI —we just launched our new look! This update to our design was about more than just giving ourselves a little makeover; it also marks our commitment to righting some of the wrongs of the online dating world. From dick pics to dirty DMs, awkward first interactions to deceiving profile pics, there’s a lot of things that make finding your soulmate online feel impossible.
We welcome singles from all walks of life and offer tons of ways to connect so there’s something for everyone. Because everyone has their own interests and favorite ways of connecting, our features provide different options to make getting to know other singles feel fun and approachable. This is how dating should be.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the ways we’re shaking up the online dating scene and making POF a place where you want to be:
Play Cue’d Up
Level up your dating situation with our spicy new fill-in-the-blank game. Remove the pressure and get to know who singles really are before you swipe.
Here’s how it works:
- Read the cues and be real with your answers—this is your chance to show singles what you’re all about!
- Check out the responses and show some love to the one that made you snort laugh. Answers that get “likes”, get points
- Swipe right on the player that caught your eye and start a conversation
CTA: Let’s play
Say No to Message Regret with ‘Are You Sure?’
Ever woke up after a wild night out and cringed rereading your DMs? You’re not alone. We want to help you avoid sending embarrassing messages and receiving them. POF is creating a community where every conversation is fun and flirty. Here’s how we’re doing it:
- We’ll scan your messages for anything potentially offensive—think sexts, eggplant emojis, etc.
- If you are trying to send something that we think you might regret, you’ll receive 2 pop up options—one suggesting you edit your message, the other prompting you to delete it all together
- You’ll then have 3 options:
- Edit your message
- Delete it
- Go ahead and send it anyway. Once a message is sent, there’s no way to reverse it—don’t say we didn’t warn you…
We monitor your first 3 messages to help you make a good impression, after that, it’s all you!
In addition to these fun features, you can find your person via live streaming, our virtual speed dating game, NextDate™, or scroll through profiles using Meet Me. We’ve also banned the use of face filters so profile pics show you who a single really is.
Welcome to the new POF—dive in, have some fun, and land some great dates along the way!