Fireworks, BBQ, and family reunions – the fourth of July is tomorrow and you may be scrambling for a date idea that knocks it out of the park! Since that last sentence nicely segue’s into my first date idea, without further adieu..
1. Catch a baseball game: Head out to a local baseball game, or partake in a fun and friendly beer league game with your friends. This is a great way to introduce your date to your #squad and enjoy the festivities together! Or if you’d prefer to chat over cracker jacks or stare blissfully into each others eyes over a hot dog, head to your local stadium and cheer on your favorite team.
2. Picnic in the Park: Grab a big blanket, a baguette, cheese, and an assortment of meats and impress your date with a beautiful plate in the park of charcuterie. I highly recommend pairing such a plate with a bottle of bubbly, twisted lemonade, or refreshing sangria. To add a little bit extra to the date, bring a long a bocce ball set, so you can enjoy each others company over a friendly game of lawn bowling.
3. Road Trip for the Day: Make a bucket list with your partner of places you’ve always wanted to visit in your home state whether it be a roadside diner, a mountain top, a lake, and go there. You can hit a number of stops a long the way finding new gems and making new memories. For a little memento, bring a disposable camera and take snaps at each leg of the trip!
4. Dress Up in Your Stars and Stripes: Get silly and dress up in your most patriotic outfits for the day and check out your local July 4th parade. Dabble in the face paint and dance to the music. This type of date takes the pressure off having a lengthy conversation as you have so much to look at and so many activities to partake in.
5. Find the Fireworks: It’s not the fourth of July without fireworks! Most towns have their designated fireworks spot on the big day. Find out where yours is located and invite your date to join you. There’s something very romantic and magical about watching colorful fireworks with your significant other.