As Nelly once sang,“It’s getting hot in here, so take….advantage of those weekday date nights!” Wait, was that Nelly or did I just make that up?
It certainly is true though, as the latest report from Plenty of Fish reveals singles are capitalizing on the longer and warmer nights this summer, with eighty-one percent willing to go on more weekday dates versus all other seasons.
Say farewell to the days you rushed home from work to get into your jammies by 6pm (I love those days), and say hello to the long summer nights filled with heat and merriment! 87% of singles are willing to stay out later in the summer, so take advantage of the longer days.
If you have someone special in mind, now is the time to ring them up and invite them on an ideal summer date!
What does an ideal summer date look like you ask…?
Plenty of Fish has the answers:
- Plan an activity: Nearly half of singles (49%) believe the #1 must have for a summer date is a fun activity! If you’re an adventure seeker, the top adrenaline pumping activities singles are dying to try this summer are horseback riding, river rafting and ziplining.
- Air-con on fleek! 1 in 4 singles have actually cancelled a date due to it being too hot outside. I’d prefer if my face didn’t melt off, TYVM!
- Increase the heat: Bonfire on the beach is the number one ideal summer date according to singles. For more inspo, picnic in the park, followed by drinks at a rooftop bar also scored high on the list!
If you’re having a hard time deciding between doing a day date or a night time date, you’re in luck because 74% of singles identified that they enjoy both types of dates during the summer months. It’s a win-win after all!
Now before you get whisked away on your steamy summer date, let’s take a look at some potential outfit options that could fall flat. Just when I thought it couldn’t get worse than visors and crocs, these two epically questionable pieces of wardrobe were NOT identified as the worst fashion faux pas. Wait what?
The fashion faux pas of the summer are:
- Socks and sandals combo! (33% of women said this is the worst faux pas for men)
- Bro tank/tank top (20%)
- Speedo (14%)
- Cargo shorts (14%)
- Tropical shirts (7%)
- High waisted pants/shorts (27% of men said this is the worst fashion faux pas for women)
- Heels with a bathing suit (26%)
- Bad fake tan (17%)
- Saggy bathing suit (15%)
- Crocs (9%)
Now that you’re outfit game is strong and you know what pieces of cloth to avoid, there’s nothing left to do but enjoy what the summer season has to offer.
And lastly, POF has some great news for the ladies and gents looking to lock in a summer romance and DTR (define the relationship) with a crush. More than half of men (52%) and 47% of women are looking to make a relationship exclusive this summer if they were to meet someone they were interested in. Did your mood just get brighter?