If you guessed “selfie,” you’re a clever one!
Plenty of Fish surveyed over 1,800 singles from the United States to find out how a self-portrait can make or break your dating game – turns out singles are welcoming selfies with open arms. 87% of singles say they are more likely to message someone on a dating app who has a selfie on their profile.
Here are the top selfies singles are most interested in:
- A selfie you clearly look great in (obvy)
- A selfie taken in an interesting place (oh la la paradise)
- A selfie with a pet or cute animal (awe, he has a dog!)
Why are singles so attracted to the selfie? 60% say selfies show someone is very confident and confidence is very attractive!
Photo by Olivier Fahrni on Unsplash
And here are the selfie pet peeves for singles:
- Duck lips/posing too much (#gettheduckouttahere!)
- Low image quality (do I need glasses?)
- Messy room in the background (oh the horror)
- That dog filter (y tho)
- When it’s clearly taken in a bathroom (enough said)
Now that we’ve shared the secret to the perfect selfie, try taking one yourself. Don’t worry if you don’t ace the picture after just one take, the majority of singles (53%) said it takes them up to 5 shots to typically get the money shot.