With Christmas only 2 days away, chances are, singles everywhere are already getting excited about sitting around the table with loved ones for the annual Christmas feast. However, nosy Aunt Betty’s prying questions about when the heck you’re going to get married and have babies? Not so much. We recently asked PlentyOfFish users on our forums to tell us “The Most WTF Thing A Family Member Has Said To You About Being Single For The Holidays”, and the answers delivered. So next time Aunt Betty pipes up, remember that you’re not alone.
- “So, I hear even Charles Manson won’t be single for the holidays …”
- “Merry Christmas. Have you got a new boyfriend yet?”
- “Are there cobwebs up there yet?”
- “You are the last of the family tree.”
- “If you were a better cook you could catch a husband.”
- “I told you, too many children is a turn off.”
- “When I saw this ‘Grow Your Own Boyfriend toy’, I just knew I had to get it for you for Christmas”
- “If you were a better housekeeper you could probably keep a husband.”
- “Luckily you have your dog to keep you company.”
- “Hope you have shares in a battery company.”
- “You need to wear sexier clothes. Show some cleavage.”
- “I know why you’re single… you need a breast reduction. I can recommend a surgeon”
- “How’s the wrist?”
- “If you lose some weight all your problems will be gone”
- “Don’t wear such fancy clothes. Certainly don’t wear heels. Makes you too tall.”
- “You’re probably single because you talk too much.”
- “I pity your parents. No grandchildren.”
What are the most WTF things a relative has said to YOU about being single over the holidays? Tell us in the comments below!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from PlentyOfFish!
#12. Your breast can never be too large. Just not possible.
I met someone on plenty of fish 2 and a half years ago and now we are engaged thank you
I certainly have said quite a few of the about sentences to myself. I am soooo lonely , but don’t know how to flirt or be a relaxed, natural woman.