Christmas? New Years? Halloween? What holiday could it be…
If you guessed the latter, you my friend, are correct. At Plenty of Fish, we were curious to see whether or not Halloween was a fan favorite holiday for singles and it turns out, it is!
Plenty of Fish surveyed over 1,500 users of the app, and the results reveal the most popular trends that happen on the most spooktacular night of the year!
Here’s what the data shows:
Singles Like Dressing Up for the Holiday
- 27% of singles are dressing up for Halloween. What are you going as?!
- 47% of single women are opting for a sexy costume
- 40% of single men are planning on going the funny/punny costume route. Here is some inspo for you: 30 Halloween Costumes So Clever, They Deserve an Award.
- 36% of singles have spent over $100 on a Halloween costume!
Singles Love Halloween
- The majority of singles (52%) believe Halloween is the MOST fun holiday to be single.
A couple of my own theories as to why singles love Halloween:
- Dressing up is a great ice breaker for conversation. Not sure how to approach the cute guy at the party dressed as Black Panther? Easy – make a comment about his costume!
- Dressing up and going to a party allows singles to play a little bit of a character for the night which can make us feel all the more confident than if we were to go on a formal sit-down dinner date.
- Halloween parties are a great space to mingle with other singles and much less intimidating than approaching someone at a bar or coffee shop.
First Dates DO Happen on Halloween
- 21% of singles say they went on a first date on October 31st!
- 43% of survey respondents have hooked up with someone at a Halloween party – Wowzers! There must be something in the air on Halloween.
Haunted houses, corn mazes and pumpkin patches all make for great date night activities. I for one, am going to a Haunted House tonight and fully intend on utilizing my boyfriend as a shield against all the scary ghosts and goblins.
Happy Halloween everyone and enjoy the most spooktacular night of the year!